X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymous
    • May 2024

How can I get into r/c subs? - any tips would be great

[color=#000000]I have been building r/c cars and planes for a few years now and would love to have a sub, but it's hard to find info and I'm a little reluctant to just start building from sratch. Does anyone have sugestions on where to start and how much it might cost?

thanks, - jon ]
  • webmaster
    • Feb 2003

Hi Jon -

First place I'd

Hi Jon -

First place I'd suggest is to read over our SubFAQ page which lists various kits and resources. After that, searching through the messages boards can probably answer quite a few questions, but feel free to ask here as well!

Hope this helps -

Andy Hunt
    SubCommittee Webmaster

Comment

• bigdave
      • Feb 2003

Hi Jon, One of the

Hi Jon, One of the first things I would do(and did do) 11 years ago was to join the Subcommittee. I was always interested in model submarines and had attempted to build a few with various degrees of success. I went to the first regatta in 1992 and could not believe there were so many other people interested in the same thing. I joined right at the regatta and picked up some back issues of the sub-report. I learned alot from reading those back issues,and am still learning from the new ones. They come out four times a year and are a wealth of information. If you are interested in model submarines it will be the best investment you can make.
      sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
      "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• bigdave
        • Feb 2003

]

[color=#000000]]
        sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
        "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• tmsmalley
          SubCommittee Member
          • Feb 2003

Also check out the book

Also check out the book from Traplet titled
          "Simply Submarines" - its a decent basic book for guys who want to start out in subs.
          ]Traplet Simply Subs

Once you get your fin's wet , then try their other - MORE ADVANCED - book penned by Norbert Bruggen: "Model Submarine Technology."

The SubRegatta videos from Ray Mason are great too. They really show you what the hobby is all about with lots of "how toos". They are available direct from Ray [URL=http://www.subcommittee.com/SC_Gear.html]SC Gear - scroll down for videos[/URL

Comment

• tmsmalley
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2003

Traplet - once in their

Traplet - once in their site, go to books/marine

Traplet Publishing's Website

Comment

wow, thanks so much for

wow, thanks so much for all of your help. I can't wait to start a sub project.

Comment

Working...
              X