X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hampboats
    • Nov 2005

pressure sensor for Thunder tiger Neptune Submarine

The pressure sensor in my Neptune submarine completely fell apart and is not repairable. I have searched the internet and no one is selling a replacement. When it went out, it prevented the boat from submerging. Question, does anyone have an extra or know where I can get one, or how can I by pass the unit and just not have one in the circuit. I am not at all concerned with losing the boat in the Carmel reflecting pool.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PJ6176_1024x1024.jpg?v=1581073376.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	150338
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

I wonder if it can be reverse engineered? If you decide to throw it out, I would love to see if something can be made.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• wlambing
      SubCommittee Member
      • Feb 2003

I don't remember what it was 'sposed to do. Is it a safety item?

Comment

• bob_eissler
        SubCommittee Member
        • Aug 2005

A pressure sensor, did it have a diaphragm inside it?. Could one of Kevin's depth cruisers be adapted to replace it?

Comment

• salmon
          Treasurer
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by wlambing View Post
          I don't remember what it was 'sposed to do. Is it a safety item?
          Bill, to the best of my memory….it stopped the ballast bag from getting over filled.
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• wlambing
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2003

Ah! Not good to blow out the balloon!!!! Perhaps a visit to a local electronics repair shop? Of course, if the diaphragm is damaged, that won't help. After just a little more thought (it's still early in my morning routine!), might a similar Engle component be adaptable? As I recall, they have all kinds of sensory things living inside those tech racks.

Comment

• hampboats
              • Nov 2005

I found a replacement.....thanks Tim Senecal

Comment

• salmon
                Treasurer
                • Jul 2011

That Tim, he is one mad scientist.

Comment

Working...
                X