• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jefftytoo
    SubCommittee Member
    • Mar 2003

My Seaview is back!

With hearty thanks to Will Oudmayer for repairing her propulsion the other day (thanks also to him for creating a new valve stem so I could access a different brand of airbrush propellant incompatible with standard valves), Seaview has now received an internal refit and external touchups and is ready once again to take to the Seven Seas! At the moment, inexplicably, even her finicky sound effects are working! She’ll be running at the next SubRonLA gathering in June. I hereby put all colossal mutant gill men and giant seaweed monsters on notice: you’re all toast!
  • jefftytoo
    SubCommittee Member
    • Mar 2003

A reminder that the really cool thing about this Seaview—about anyone’s r/c Seaview—is that she is fully self-propelled and even fairly maneuverable. Remember that those beautiful studio miniatures back in the day were dragged on cables or shoved back and forth underwater by out-of-frame divers. Our r/c boats one-up that low tech in a big way!

Comment

• submetrologist
      SubCommittee Member
      • Jul 2012

Very nice. Is Barbara Eden on board?

Comment

• jefftytoo
        SubCommittee Member
        • Mar 2003

Seaview undergoing refit (after disastrous run last time) for upcoming run on 8/27. Cracked WTC replaced; kinked air bladder feed tube repaired; O-rings replaced in leaky shaft seals; numerous other adjustments and tweaks. Tub testing just revealed bubbles no longer coming from shaft seals under flank bell and stern plane/rudder travel. Yay!
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X