• Show
Clear All
  • Ralph --- SSBN 598
    • Oct 2012

Where are all the build threads?

Don't know where to post build to.

I have 3 projects going.
    Well, 2 now.
    I finished up the repairs on the rescue barge and it is ready to go. (Next Saturday)

Turned out not to be a pproblem but instead I put the Rx from the GW in to the barge and looked for 2 weeks trying to find the 8 channel Rx.
    I took the Rx out and put a 4 channel in it's place.
    All good now.
    ---------------------------
    Other 2 boats are the GW in progress with new sectional cylinder and the Gato with a new sectional cylinder.

Turns out the cylinder plastic is fracturing where the ballast tank frames o-rings rest.
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

We now have a Channel specifically for builds under "The Exchange" which is the first main channel on the site. The sub-channel is "Build Threads". Here is the direct link: https://forum.subcommittee.com/forum.../build-threads
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
      • Oct 2012

I see the topic folder in the Exchange.
      It's empty.

I was wondering where all the reference builds have gone.

Comment

• thor
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2009

Ralph,

It appears the build threads are still there but are not located in the "Build Threads" section. I did a search for my 1/48th "PIKE" build thread and found it in the Q&A section. See link.

3D Printing. A "How-To" pattern making from PLA - SubCommittee Forums
        Regards,

Matt

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
          • Oct 2012

Thanks, Matt.

Not where I would have looked.
          But glad all the builds are still available.

Now, if I can't find something, I know to do a search and see where it comes up.

Comment

• thor
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2009

It looks like most all of the build threads have ended up there. All of mine are present and accounted for in the Q&A section of the forum. Perhaps we can get all of them migrated over to the build threads section.
            Last edited by thor; 04-25-2022, 10:51 PM.
            Regards,

Matt

Comment

• sam reichart
              Past President
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by thor View Post
              It looks like most all of the build threads have ended up there. All of mine are present and accounted for in the Q&A section of the forum. Perhaps we can get all of them transported over to the build threads section.
              Sounds logical. I bet they did a wholesale port of the old site and this was the default area.

Comment

• bob the builder
                Former SC President
                • Feb 2003

Honestly, guys, the old forums were a mess. I know a lot of you got comfortable with the mess, but we need to think forward. Build threads are a huge resource for everyone, but they were not differentiated from a host of hundreds of general R/C questions and threads. The new organization will eventually be much better.

What we need to do now is go through hundreds (and hundreds) of topics in the R/C Modeler section, identify quality build threads, and port them to the Build Thread section.

So... who's going to step up and volunteer?
                The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• thor
                  SubCommittee Member
                  • Feb 2009

Bob,

I'll be more than happy to pitch in and help when I can. But I am not very forum saavy. If someone can provide some guidance, I would be glad to help organize things a bit.
                  Regards,

Matt

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
                    • Oct 2012

A suggestion:

Rename the Q&A folder the Build folder and then rename the Build folder to the Q&A folder.

There are far few Q&A threads to move.

But then I did not count the number of Q&A threads.

Comment

• bob the builder
                      Former SC President
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Ralph --- SSBN 598 View Post
                      A suggestion:

Rename the Q&A folder the Build folder and then rename the Build folder to the Q&A folder.

There are far few Q&A threads to move.

But then I did not count the number of Q&A threads.
                      No, I'm afraid the R/C Modeler channel is full of a lot of "static" threads that are not build threads. It seems that the amount of work is about equal either way.

The idea behind the Build Threads channel was more, "I am building this model. Here is the work that I did from start to finish so that others may learn from my journey" rather than, "Hey, guys. Here is one cool thing that I did with building or upgrading my boat".

Matt, thanks so much for volunteering! What would be a great start would be for you (and everyone else!) to peruse the R/C Modeler Q&A section and extract a list of the good build threads. I'll create a topic under the Build threads channel where those topics can be posted for moving.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X