• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Took the Walrus out for a run

A short drive (about 90 minutes) from my house is the Big Bend of the Colorado State Park. I really like it there because of the clarity of the water and the sandy shoreline. The lagoon offers calm water too! It is nice to relax and be able to just enjoy. We also brought out the puppies to get some exercise.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Walrus_001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	148089Click image for larger version  Name:	Walrus_002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,017.0 KB ID:	148088Click image for larger version

Name:	Ada_04_21_2022_001.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	148091
    Attached Files
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
  • thor
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2009

Beautiful, Tom! Those are some great shots!
    Regards,

Matt

Comment

• sam reichart
      Past President
      • Feb 2003

That area looks and sounds like a fantastic place to run targets and boats.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
        No one
        • Jul 2003

It's on "The List"!
        (My list, not Arya Stark's list)
        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• wlambing
          SubCommittee Member
          • Feb 2003

Ahhh! The smell of wet dog! It smells like victory!!!

Comment

• salmon
            Treasurer
            • Jul 2011

During winter (even though it is 70+ degrees) the beach is empty. Summer time, you need to get there at opening or the park fills up on weekends. With a lot of people, the water clarity suffers. Still can run subs as most people do not get. in the water. On weekdays, it is mostly empty. This spring we have had several trips and there may be some people using the covered areas, but no one along the shoreline. The downside is weather, not rain, but wind. Heat can be high during the summer, but standing in the water balances it out. Will Oudmayer and I went to the lagoon one time and the wind was 30 miles an hour. That made it tough on us as sand would get blown into our faces, but subs ran well - LOL I usually look at the weather for Laughlin to see if it is a good day to go or not.
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...
            X