• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    No one
    • Jul 2003

Happy New Year 2022

ALCON,

Everything in my Christmas post is applicable as well for today, no need to repeat lol!

Looking forward to 2022 with originally 4, but now 5 boats scheduled for commissioning.

Thank you Mr. Dwayne Hill for making K-432 available, she's found what will be her last home port as I only purchase, never sell. It's in the WILL already for "Sub" Eddie ha ha.

Just don't cringe when you see photos regarding the Refit that's already started. Call it the "Russian Federation Submarine Modernization Program", and only on that beautiful homebrewed WTC.

2.4ghz Command and Control with Telemetry: RX Power, Main Power, Roll, Pitch Yaw (Magnetic Heading). 1Kv Brushless motor w/4:1 Reduction and new shaft seal, new pushrod seals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	K432A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	508.1 KB
ID:	138439

Click image for larger version

Name:	K432B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	862.6 KB
ID:	138440

Now that I publicly put my money where my mouth is, I have 5 boats to Commission this year (maybe 6 if 2 & 3 work out better than expected), or I'm going to continue to sound like that one guy at a regatta that always says, "I'll be done next year."

1: K-432 (1:48 ALPHA)

2: DSRV-69 (Re-skinned Thunder Tiger NEPTUNE)

3: U-25 (Originally Jim Butt's build, modernization project including Brushless, real shaft seals, brass props, Eye candy)

4: USS KEY WEST SSN-722 (1:48 FLT II 688)

5: PROTEUS (1:15 Scale Teskey Hull, I keep promising him)

S-553 (1:96 Russian BELUGA Class)

Let's see how 2022 goes.

Stay safe y'all....
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Dude, you were at one point seduced by the dark side, but now I see your true destiny! You were a 1/48 scale guy. Now you will have 1/15 and 1/96 scale? Welcome to the light!
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• ccontrol
      SubCommittee Member
      • Mar 2012

Looking good Ed! Looking forward to many hours of subrunning in 2022!

Comment

Working...
      X