X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drschmidt
    • Jul 2014

Looking for drawings of German torpedo tubes

For my cut away, static Type XXIII project I'm looking for drawings of German torpedo tubes. The ones built into Type VII, IX, XXI and XXIII were pretty much the same. There are plenty of good photos around, but I haven't found any drawings that would allow to put dimensions on the various components. Did anyone of you guys stumble across such rare gems?

Cheers Andreas
  • KaLeu
    • May 2020

Hi,

there is a German book series called "Vom Original zum Modell" (From original to model) for various U-Boat types where you might find such information:

(If you are based in Europe you can find it a lot cheaper there)

There are also plans available (DIN A1 size) from the same author: "Eberhard Rössler & Fritz Köhl: Planmappe: Uboottyp XXIII". They cost around 40 Euro; dunno about the availability and pricing in the US though.

Here are two drawings of the VIIC where you can see the torpedo tubes:

And last but not least some G7a torpedo drawings:

Comment

• drschmidt
      • Jul 2014

I have both books and the plans. All in all excellent material but when it comes to the torpedo tubes, detailed drawings like the ones you postet of the G7A would be what I need.....

The VIIc general plans might be usefull, at least ti get rough dimension of the breech doors.

Thanks!

Cheers Andreas

Comment

• hunter h
        SubCommittee Member
        • Apr 2016

A few years ago there was a book down loaded to the subcommittee that covered type VII u boats it had all piping . i could not find my copy. Anybody have a copy down loaded Hunter

Comment

• drschmidt
          • Jul 2014

I have the book. The book about the Type XXIII also has the piping as a schematic drawing. Helps identifying the individual parts. But in terms of drawing the real tube in CAD, it doesn't help much.

Comment

Working...
          X