• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    No one
    • Jul 2003

Subsim: A practical alternative to the long wait between "sub movies"

ALCON,

I do enjoy a good sub sim game, when I can find the time.

But to be honest, I also enjoy watching them, given a good player who's also entertaining. Especially when I'm in one of those lazy moods and there's nothing but trash on the 1.42e+13 channels on cable.

Like a good Sub movie that's different every time, and some even have an arching story line.

May not be your cup of tea, or ale, or rum, or grog.....but whatever floats your boat.

Wolfpack345 (yes that's his Call-sign) just started a new 1984 Campaign, now from the "other side" in Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising" universe of "Cold Waters".
    Commanding an AKULA against NATO. He does a SKIPJACK 1968 Campaign and a Type IX WWI Campaign as well. Preety detailed stuff.

Worth a look a 2AM when your brain is burning trying to figure out how to place 500cc's of electronic doodads in a 450cc cylinder.

Entertaining in the home bound realm of COVID-19.
    Enjoy on that 70" YouTube ready Samsung.

Cold Waters: Epic Mod || Akula Career || Ep.1 - Red Storm Rising.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • PaulC
    Administrator
    • Feb 2003

Interesting, Ed. My daughter has a friend who is a professional gamer and has a very big following on YouTube. It never occurred to me that people were doing that with subsims.

It is a very long wait between sub movies.
    Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
    <><

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      No one
      • Jul 2003

You'd be surprised on how much $$ they make, but then again Paul, you probably know from your daughters friend lol.

Wish I thought of this back when I was penning "CyberSub"
      v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• PaulC
        Administrator
        • Feb 2003

Yes, it is very lucrative. Apart from YouTube revenue, this young man I know is sponsored by Samsung who put him and his e-sport teammates up in a very large house in Las Vegas for the year. Pretty wild.
        Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
        <><

Comment

Working...
        X