• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raalst
    • Feb 2003

How hard can it be ?

.. It need not be hard apparently :
    This RC sub has magnetic couplings to transmit torque through the walls. No need to drill holes = no leaks. At the end I test it in a swimming pool. Enjoy!Di...

Nice magnetic couplings right there.
  • Parallax
    SubCommittee Member
    • Aug 2017

So apparently 27 mhz is a usable frequency for us? It is neat seeing how much pressure change there actually is at that depth and what the effects are.

Comment

• cheapsub
      • Feb 2011

27 MHz, is good for sub too, lower the frequency the better. BUT can't find them anymore. I have FM transmitter can't find any 4 or more channels receivers.
      Still could find toy one.
      Diy transmitter?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200526_104537_768x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	521.1 KB
ID:	134759
      Last edited by cheapsub; 07-09-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• greg w
        SubCommittee Member
        • Mar 2010

This isn't the cheapest option but, I have had good luck with picking up 72 mhz receivers on e bay and at airplane swap meets cheap. I then sent several to Radio South with the correct 75 mhz crystals and got them retuned for a fee. He also retuned futaba transmitter modules for me If I provided the crystals. Greg

Comment

• scott t
          • Feb 2003

What is needed is a repeater radio. Get what ever radio then plug the receiver in the repeater radio and have it send your 27, 72, 75, 433 hz signal to its receiver in the sub.
          Buy a new radio just plug its receiver in the repeater radio. Use your phone and send to the repeater radio.
          The repeater radio receives the radio signal commands and converts to the sub receiver frequency.

Comment

• thor
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2009

Guys,

We are almost there with the new Radios. Please be patient with us. Bob Martin & I should have an announcement in September.
            Regards,

Matt

Comment

Working...
            X