• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    No one
    • Jul 2003

"Cold Waters" USS KEY WEST SSN-722: "Ice Cubes"

If you're bored, and no worries.....you'll only lose 5 minutes of your life.

Played this at 2AM.

Got within a boat length of the 'berg.

"Cold Waters" USS KEY WEST SSN-722: "Ice Cubes"

It's really about just sharing the cinematics.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • PaulC
    Administrator
    • Feb 2003

That's neat, Ed. Do they ever show the towed arrays deployed?
    Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
    <><

Comment

• bharris
      • Jun 2004

OOOPS! Screw go backwards boat go forward, interesting to say the least. Lack of communication between nukeland and nosecone perhaps????
      Bob.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
        No one
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by PaulC View Post
        That's neat, Ed. Do they ever show the towed arrays deployed?
        No they don't Paul, but they do model the acoustics properly, like losing a Contact in a turn, or being just above the layer and you "hear" the Contacts below it.

Unlike "Sub Command" or the other Sonalysts games, no choice whether to deploy or not...it's always "there".

If you're within 50 feet or so of the floor, you lose Contacts as it "drags" on the seafloor.

Apparently the sonar modeling is fairly accurate, or so we're told, but regardless a lot of fun to play.

Trying to make our "presence" known to this gaming community through professional players like "Jive Turkey" (ex sonarman) "Tortuga Power", "Wolfpack345" , with ten's of thousands of nerds like that out there following them I'm sure we can bag new recruits!
        v/r "Sub" Ed

USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• QuarterMaster
          No one
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by bharris View Post
          OOOPS! Screw go backwards boat go forward, interesting to say the least. Lack of communication between nukeland and nosecone perhaps????
          Bob.
          You would spot that Bob, lol!

It's funny I see some on YouTube that DO spin correctly, even spin up and down as you change speed, but mine always look like that!

I'n my head I attribute it to visual frame rate (whether or not that's what's happening). Like filming helicopter blades and they go backwards slowly lol!
          v/r "Sub" Ed

Comment

Working...
          X