Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eckloss
    • Nov 2003

I made some more progress on the work room today. Just finished up for the day at 8:30pm. I am short 4 brackets which will mean a delay of until Friday to finish getting them up. So instead I turned to installing some of the lighting.

Then there's the garage. Looks like an H-bomb hit it. That's going to be more of an undertaking than completing the 'building room'.

Comment

• chips
      • Feb 2003

My basement has a wall dividing it roughly in half. Behind the wall is the water heater, furnace and overflow storage. A few shots behind the wall.
      Attached Files

Comment

• eckloss
        • Nov 2003

So, finally some progress to show you. I have the bare bones skeleton of my "anything that uses a propeller" work room. A few things I have to clarify: 1) the pipes are crooked, the shelves are not. In fact I let my OCD soar and made sure that each shelf was level to within 1/10 of one degree. That was a challenge getting around corners. 2) only 2 of 4 of the lights are installed. 3) why are the shelves not spaced very tall? I will be using 6" tall by 6" deep by "whatever" width boxes from U-line to put stuff in, organize, and label. Finally stuff won't be scattered across half a dozen rooms (literally). It is my hopes that doing all this will make me a better and more efficient modeler. Still so much to put up... the small parts bins.. the magnetic tool strips, etc. In this room will be my primary work table, a dedicated computer for internet/photo access and to run my 3D printer which will also be housed here, battery charging station, mini chop saw... those kind of things. The big stuff like chop saw, lathe, drill press, etc are next door in the garage.

Comment

• eckloss
          • Nov 2003

I forgot to mention... the 3/4x3/4 inch strips you may see on the rear of the shelves.... they provide something for the parts boxes to rest against, thereby keeping them all perfectly lined up. Nice and neat. OCD. Try it. You may like it

Comment

• QuarterMaster
            No one
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by eckloss View Post
            So, finally some progress to show you. I have the bare bones skeleton of my "anything that uses a propeller" work room. A few things I have to clarify: 1) the pipes are crooked, the shelves are not. In fact I let my OCD soar and made sure that each shelf was level to within 1/10 of one degree. That was a challenge getting around corners. 2) only 2 of 4 of the lights are installed. 3) why are the shelves not spaced very tall? I will be using 6" tall by 6" deep by "whatever" width boxes from U-line to put stuff in, organize, and label. Finally stuff won't be scattered across half a dozen rooms (literally). It is my hopes that doing all this will make me a better and more efficient modeler. Still so much to put up... the small parts bins.. the magnetic tool strips, etc. In this room will be my primary work table, a dedicated computer for internet/photo access and to run my 3D printer which will also be housed here, battery charging station, mini chop saw... those kind of things. The big stuff like chop saw, lathe, drill press, etc are next door in the garage.
            Looking good dude!

FWIW, I have a Google Mini received as an XMAS gift I placed in the shop. Besides streaming smooth Jazz as I work, it's nice to set timers for epoxy working times etc, as well as math questions when my hands are tied up. It also reminds me when it's time for dinner lol
            v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
            NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
            USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS KRAKEN-USS PATRICK HENRY-HMS VENGEANCE-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• eckloss
              • Nov 2003

I understand..... My iPhone and SIRI do the same for me

Comment

• mickm
                • May 2004

Happy New Year all,
                I have just about completed my Arkmodel Type VII. All that is left is adding foam, balancing and trimming. Many Thanks to Bob Martin for all his help in getting me to this point.

On my work bench next is a OTW Type VII with Stainless decking.

Cheers!
                Mickm

Comment

• mickm
                  • May 2004

I have a photobucket account. Anyone have an idea why the photo is watermarked and stamped, and what I need to do to correct it?
                  Thanks,
                  Mickm

Comment

• subdude
                    Official Peon
                    • Feb 2003

Mick, Photobucket went from free to paid photo hosting a year or two ago. Want to have your pictures shown? Pay them their ransom money.

Most of us gave them the salute and moved elsewhere.

Jim
                    SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• mickm
                      • May 2004

Thanks Subdude,
                      I have a paid account with them thru my business. After it expires this year, I will not renew it.
                      Cheers!
                      Mickm

Comment

Working...
                      X