Source for Robbe F-14 repair, and/or replacement RX-775-DF Receiver or equiv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ben Brigham
    • Sep 2019

Source for Robbe F-14 repair, and/or replacement RX-775-DF Receiver or equiv?

Hi all,
    The 'Sir Frankie Crisp' project has resumed looking better than ever, and I find myself finally activating my Robbe F-14 8-ch radio for installation.....and it's completely dead. Unless this gets addressed I'm sort of toast. Does anyone know of anyone, vendor or otherwise, who can troubleshoot and/or repair my radio system? (F-14, 8-ch, freq. 76) Servos are confirmed as working fine, Tx shows fine power output, Rx battery source is fine, but no response once system is wired in & powered up, not even the slightest twitch from any servo when power gets applied. (and one would expect at least the slightest twitch) So my suspicion is the Rx.
    Failing that, has anyone got an 8-ch Robbe receiver lying around doing nothing, and enjoys having someone throw money at them? Please let me know. I'm really not in any position to replace the entire radio just yet.
    I have already tried RadioSouth in Indiana, (they don't 'do' Robbe's) and Engel-Modellbau, (no luck) and am contacting Ripmax UK now, so I'm slowly running out of Earth here.

Many thanks in adv. for any suggestions.
    BB
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Ben,
    I have F-14, it is in 75MHz range and RadioSouth will work on it (but does not have crystals for them), unless it is 40MHz, he does not work on 40MHz or non-official 75MHz. You say channel 76 so that is 75 MHz range. Where about do you live?
    Last edited by salmon; 09-22-2019, 10:40 AM.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Ben Brigham
      • Sep 2019

Hi Salmon, thanks for the reply!
      I'm in Los Angeles at this phase in my life. S'funny, but the guy at RadioSouth said he categorically did not work on old Robbe F-14's, crystals or not. Any suggestions for repair/replace? Thx!
      BB

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

Ben,
        He said the same to me until I showed him it was a legitimate 75MHz radio brought to the US by Ships n Things. He asked for a photo of the FCC sticker as proof. That was about a year ago, so maybe he has changed. I do not know of any other out there repairing radios.
        Please consider joining us at our next Sub Fun Run at Yorba Linda.
        Next gathering!

SATURDAY, October 26th, 2019 at the model boating pond (third pond to the right) of the YORBA REGIONAL PARK (7600 E. La Palma) 714-973-6615 or 714-973-6838; yorbapark@ocparks.com) in Anaheim. It'll cost you at $5 to get in the gate of the park.
        People start showing up at 7am and we run until noonish.

If you plan to show up (let me know - rc dot submarine at gmail dot com), we can test your radio with some of my receivers and see if the TX works.
        Peace,
        Tom
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Ben Brigham
          • Sep 2019

Done! I'll be there!
          Thank you, Salmon!

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
            • Oct 2012

Yorba Reginal Park.
            Google Map.
            Center of the image is a cove with a small dock.
            THis is where we will be.
            7:00am to noonish to use Tom's words.

The entery gate is to the right of this location.

Comment

• Ben Brigham
              • Sep 2019

Thanks Ralph, thanks Salmon,
              The map is greatly appreciated! I'll bring the radio as well as other contraptions for the sub, although the sub-proper won't be anywhere near ready by then so I'll probably leave it at home.
              I dunno, I'll see how inspired I get. It's a bit of a PITA to transport.

Comment

Working...
              X