• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Getting into RC submarines does not have to be expensive. Jam jar submarine

Apparently getting into RC subs does not have to be expensive, look at this sub made with jam jars!
    AMAZING radio controlled (RC) 'JAM JAR' SUBMARINE !This is the most innovative and crazy thing I have seen this year ! After filming some fantastic and very ...
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
  • subdude
    Official Peon
    • Feb 2003

Tom,

Big Dave did it 10 years ago.... ;-)

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• salmon
      Treasurer
      • Jul 2011

Holy guacamole, I forgot about that tadpole! Still this 3 jar version is cool.

OK now a rant.......most of the photos do not exist anymore on that article. Folks, please upload photos to the SC website. That way the information lives on. I am very sad too. Big Dave was a very creative guy and now we do not have record of his work.
      Last edited by salmon; 09-20-2019, 09:39 AM.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• JWLaRue
        Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
        • Aug 1994

I agree, Tom. Most of these types of photo losses aren't even due to the owner deleting them. I've found that these photo upload services tend to lose photos over time. No idea why....they just seem to randomly disappear. I had to reload a number of photos that I use in the U-boat Pen sub-forum due to this problem.

The SubCommittee web hosting site includes a good amount of storage space for photos......please make use of it!

-Jeff

-Jeff
        Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• crueby
          • May 2015

Jeff, those pictures from BD were/are on PostImage, which a year or so ago lost thier domain name, and all links to pictures there had to change from 'postimage.org' to 'postimg.cc' - I had to update links on a TON of pictures over on the model engine forum. His pics are probably still there, just need to find out what the link spelling on them is now. Don May may have his login? Either way, updating all those posts would be a pain in the bilge pump.

Comment

• JWLaRue
            Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
            • Aug 1994

Chris,

I can force a password change to BD's forum account so that Don can be given access to the account.

Perhaps an alternative would be to make the set of photos available as a bulk upload on the SC web site itself. Assuming that the source photos are still available?

-Jeff
            Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• salmon
              Treasurer
              • Jul 2011

I am for uploading to SC website.

Comment

• crueby
                • May 2015

Originally posted by JWLaRue View Post
                Chris,

I can force a password change to BD's forum account so that Don can be given access to the account.

Perhaps an alternative would be to make the set of photos available as a bulk upload on the SC web site itself. Assuming that the source photos are still available?

-Jeff
                I meant his login for Postimage, to figure out the correct link spelling.

Comment

Working...
                X