• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • packard400
    SubCommittee Member
    • Sep 2011

The loss of a friend: Ken Hart

It is deep sadness that I have to report the passing of former SubCommittee member and my friend Ken Hart.
    He left us on 7/16/2019 at the young age of 62. Ken's talent was amazing, and his enthusiasm was infectious.
    I will terribly miss our conversations, his laugh, and our friendship. Until we met again, brother.

Mark Curatolo
    Obituary for Kenneth J 'Kenny' Hart, 1956 - 2019 Syracuse, NY. View ceremony time and location and leave condolences here.
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by packard400 View Post
    It is deep sadness that I have to report the passing of former SubCommittee member and my friend Ken Hart.
    He left us on 7/16/2019 at the young age of 62. Ken's talent was amazing, and his enthusiasm was infectious.
    I will terribly miss our conversations, his laugh, and our friendship. Until we met again, brother.

Mark Curatolo
    https://www.newcomersyracuse.com/Obi...rt/Syracuse-NY
    I remember Ken; my deepest condolences to you and his family on his loss. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

• PaulC
      Administrator
      • Feb 2003

That's a shame. Ken was an outsanding modeler and our first SC President. My condolences to you, Mark, and the family.
      Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
      <><

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

I am sorry to here about Ken's passing. My prayer is comfort to all that are impacted by this loss and especially to his close friends and family.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• subdude
          Official Peon
          • Feb 2003

Wow. And only 62. Ken was a great guy, and an amazing modeler. My condolences as well to you, and his family. Thank you for letting us know.

Jim
          SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• Scale Shipyard / WLU
            • Feb 2003

I remember Ken for the beginnings of The Subcommittee and the annual Subregatta's at the North Lake in the sub base in Groton. Those were good times and Ken was a great modeler and bubble head.
            W.L. Upshaw

The Scale Shipyard - Maker of the largest selection of quality large scale fiberglass model ship hulls, fittings and running gear.
            SUPPLYING YOUR HOBBY IS NOT OUR HOBBY

Comment

• GabesDad
              • Feb 2020

I'm a fairly new member of The Subcommittee and was simply skimming forums in my spare time to get familiar with the topics that have been addressed in the past.

The sad news of Ken's passing came as quite a shock.

Even though I wasn't a member here at the time, we connected somehow and carried on quite a long email conversation regarding details of submarine construction and propellers from 2014 through 2016. He even shared with me a number of submarine plans, photos, and other resources to help me with my research about USS Parche. His messages were always knowledgeable, informative, and encouraging.

A belated expression of my condolences to his family and friends.

Terry

Comment

Working...
              X