• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tsenecal
    • May 2024

don't know where to post this...

but i guess this is as good as any...

I will not get into what he has done, or what his current reputation is. If you have dealt with him, this might be of importance to you.

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.
  • warpatroller
    • Feb 2006

i had never really known much about the founder of RPMTech. The PDF file which can be found in the thread on that link was an interesting read. I know what it is like to care for your sick father, because I did it for a couple years myself.. My father also died, but that's been over five years ago.

I never ordered a model, personally, from this Rick, but I do have one of his early Seehund kits. I bought it from Bob, in Florida, about three years ago. The hull is eggshell thin, and it split apart along the bottom seam, the last time I handled it. Other than that it seems to be a decent kit.

The whole story with him and his unhappy customers, is strikingly similar to the creator of some of the more well-known Vectrex homebrew cartridges. Vectrex is a vintage Vector game console. The "Warrior" remake fiasco had people waiting over 3 years for a cartridge, with custom printed overlay, they had paid for, over 3 years ago, and some are still waiting. The guy is still making them and trying to deliver the goods to those who pre-ordered. And he even issued refunds to some people. But like this Rick, a lot of people got really pissed off with him.

Comment

Working...
    X