X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce martin
    • Sep 2009

A Sad Day

This is a sad day for the model submarine community, we have lost one of our long standing members. DOUG BADGLEY past away, with his family by his side yesterday ( March 5th 2016 ) anyone that knew him, called him friend. Soft spoken, kind hearted, a magnificent sense of humor and an awesome master model builder, he was the leading force behind establishing SUBCOMON. He was instrumental in getting a number of people involved in radio control submarines, including myself, I will always be indebted to him for the way he encouraged me when I first started in this hobby, he always told me that together we can over come any problem. Over the past couple of years as his health declined, and as I sat in my hobby room working on my boats, my thoughts would quite often turn to Doug, where I would try to match his skill and craftsmanship.

He will be missed.

My prayers and thoughts are with his family.
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

A true gentleman in every sense of the word. I greatly enjoyed the conversations that I had with Doug during a number of SubRegattas. He will be missed.

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• subdude
      Official Peon
      • Feb 2003

Sad news indeed. Bruce, your description ( Soft spoken, kind hearted, a magnificent sense of humor and an awesome master model builder ) is absolutely spot on. The world is a lesser place without him.

Jim
      SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• bigdave
        • Feb 2003

I remember Doug from many functions through the years.
        He always had a smile on his face or was laughing.
        Sad day indeed. BD
        sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
        "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• Rick Teskey
          SubCommittee Member
          • Feb 2003

Doug was a special man .
          Doug was a Korean war vet who lost part of his leg and always joked he was bionic when he had his knee replaced.
          I will miss him but he will live on with all he left us and taught us.
          His boats have won awards and graced the cover of the SCR more than once.
          Rick

Comment

• sam reichart
            Past President
            • Feb 2003

sorry to hear of this. I used to talk with him when I did the advertising for the S/C. condolences to his family.

Comment

• wlambing
              SubCommittee Member
              • Feb 2003

A great fellow, indeed! I always enjoyed talking with Doug. A class act in every way! On occassion his name would come up at our meetings, always with respect and admiration. Fair winds and following seas, rest your oars shipmate for you are home.

Comment

• thor
                SubCommittee Member
                • Feb 2009

I did not know Doug well, but I had a few dealings with him. He was always an extremely generous and kind man. His intellect was, also, very impressive. He will be missed by all in the hobby.
                Regards,

Matt

Comment

• jure george
                  • Jul 2005

It is truly a sad day. The times I met Doug as a young person interested in R.C submarines, he never brushed off any questions I had. He took the time to talk to me, even at events he was in. He was always available for questions with a smile and pleasant nature.

He will be missed.

George

Comment

• PaulC
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2003

I had the pleasure to follow his work in the SCR and correspond with him. When I got to meet him at SubRegatta 2006 my encounter mirrored all of the above: a soft-spoken, gracious man with incredible model building skills. He will definitely be missed -- an outstanding member of our club.
                    Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
                    <><

Comment

Working...
                    X