• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wlambing
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Alternate Subscription Paymnt Method(s)

Dear Executive Committee,

Is there some other way of maintaining my membership, besides PayPal? I will not establish an account there, as I have been phised thru that site. I have also
    recently had to cancel my card and dispute charges for crap (NFC Play-off tickets and a computer) that I didn't buy. I am a victim of the Gov't. OPM breach of last year, along with 23 million other folks.

If there isn't another way to do this, I wish you all well, and I'll maybe see you down the road somewhere.

Take care,

Bill

You can by debit or credit card too. These options are presented below the PayPal login.

Comment

• wlambing
      SubCommittee Member
      • Feb 2003

No, there is only a Paypal button. And why would I use a credit card button if Paypal can be bogus, too?

Comment

• thor
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2009

Bill,
        Paypal is not the problem. They are extremely secure. You were, most likely, hijacked by malware that steals your private information. Paypal itself was not the root of your information breach. We will get a different pay method for you. Please stand by.
        Regards,

Matt

Comment

• southern or
          • May 2014

The Paypal credentials for TSC are legitimate on their end from the link to the encryption certificates. If it isn't a genuine page on your end then your computer is compromised. You don't need an account to make a payment as they act as a processing center for TSC.

Comment

• wlambing
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2003

Thank you, Matt! Maybe I can just send Jim a check?

When I go into Paypal, the page tells me I have to have an account. Used to give you the option of being a guest. That's how I renewed last time. Not the only Paypal page that said the account thing. I had one years ago, and that's where the phishing thing happened. I dumped it like a hot rock!

Take care,
            Bill

Comment

I've been using Paypal a long time, and have had no issues. Not complacent, but it seems a pretty secure system in my experience.

Anyway, worth waiting until next month following Matt's comments of a price reduction to $10 for membership- save yourself a fiver!

Think in fairness 2016 members should get a $5 rebate.

Comment

• southern or
                • May 2014

No worries Bill. Down where it says, "Pay with debit or credit card, or Paypal Credit" lets you pay as a guest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	128596

Comment

Working...
                X