• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gogiantks
    SubCommittee Member
    • Sep 2013

Pitch control problem

Hi Everyone,
    I have tried a few times to get my pitch control working. It's the one from Sub Driver. I go through the set up, all lights blink perfectly. It doesn't seem to exit the program after the fail safe is set like it should. If I bypass the unit ,the stern servo works normally. Otherwise, I'm ready to test the WTC and install in the sub. Any ideas?
    Ken
  • thor
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2009

I would contact the manufacturer directly for customer support.
    Regards,

Matt

Comment

• salmon
      Treasurer
      • Jul 2011

That would be KevinMC here at this site.
      Before you do.........I remember going through this and Kevin came to Vegas (he was already on his way here) and showed me the error of my ways.
      In the instructions, I do not have them in front of me, but when it says to put the transmitter one way or the other, make sure you are only changing the knob or stick that the leveler is on. Not the other dive plane, but the planes that are worked by the leveler. In the instructions, I was moving my forward planes and not the rear planes (thinking my dive planes are the forward planes). The point of that part of the instructions is for the leveler to learn the full range of travel, so thinking about it, it is only those planes that you should be adjusting. If you do not do it correctly the leveler will not have a reference point as it does the work of keeping you sub level, the leveler will not move the servo at all because it does not think the servo can move. Does that make it clear as mud? If not please feel free t post and tell me I am an idiot and ask me to clarify. If it does work. Let me know. It is an excellent leveler.

Peace,
      ​Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• KevinMC
        SubCommittee Member
        • Sep 2005

Awww, c'mon Tom! If I'd been crystal clear about what I wanted you to do in that setup routine right from the start I wouldn't have had cause to come visit with you and your family. Error in both our favour!

Hi Ken! Please help me understand what you're seeing a little better - what is the "blink code" you're seeing at startup that makes you say "all lights blink perfectly"? I'm not sure why the ADF wouldn't be exiting out of the setup routine if you're hitting all the steps - there's nothing in the code to stop the routine from exiting. Either way, bear with me and I'm sure I'll get you sorted out.

KMc
        Kevin McLeod - OSCAR II driver
        KMc Designs

Comment

Working...
        X