• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tupolev
    • Jul 2003

Russian Oscar II hull ? - Kursk

Hi,

Does anybody know if exist a Russian Oscar II hull for sale? I can't find it (not static model)

Anyway, Does any manufacturer is working on ?
    Thinking to built ?
    I think a 1/96 scale would be perfect

Regards.
    Tupolev

Edited By Tupolev on 1073038494
  • wayne frey
    • Aug 2003

Keep an eye on Matt

Keep an eye on Matt Thor. He is working on many boats right now.I would not be surprized if we see one later.
    Go to his website and look at the product news link.The list of hulls working is pretty interesting. I can only say the are for sure some that are not on the list also. This is possible because of a new technique he has developed.

Comment

• captain nemo12
      • Sep 2003

Hum, good question!

Well I

Hum, good question!

Well I don't really know about any manufacturers that are manufacturing Kursk Hulls but the closest thing I can come up is that a russian model company named Zvezda, makes 1/350th scaled Kursk models. Well, the model is made for static display, but the inside of the hull is empty which means that we can maybe insert a few mini servos or two, it won't be a static diving sub, but a dynamic diving one. Well, that is if you can find a way to insert a ballast tank, it won't be a really big sub but it can still be a mini RC-Sub ! A review on the model is available on the FineScale Modeler magazine website. Well that being said, you can also scratch build one, but the problem is where to find plans, I am also planning to build a Kursk or Akula model this summer. Plans are available on the "Subs on Display Website" ( www.heiszwolf.com/subs ).
      but the problem is, that the plans only show a maximum of 2 views ( Profile and Top ) which means that you have to find another set of plans that show the front view and the back.

If you have any information, please contact me ]CaptainNemoUnderTheSea@hotmail.com[/email]

Comment

Working...
      X