• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subdude
    Official Peon
    • Feb 2003

SubComEast indoor run this Sunday, Oct 8

Friends and neighbors, boys and girls, and ship / sub builders extraordinaire, it's time to charge batteries, blow the dust off your models, and hit the water! That's right, we'll be running the subs and ships at the Shrewsbury YMCA THIS SUNDAY, October 8!

We meet at 10:00, run boats until 1:00, then repair to a local sub shop to eat some great food, solve the issues of society, and have fun!

Mark this season's dates on you calendar now, so you don't miss out on any of the fun! As usual, we'll be meeting the second Sunday of the month, from October thru April.

Those dates are:

Oct. 08, 23
    Nov. 12, 23
    Dec. 10, 23
    Jan. 14, 24
    Feb. 11, 24
    Mar. 10, 24
    Apr. 14, 24

A HUGE thanks to the YMCA for allowing us to continue this great relationship for the 16th year!!

As always, a few basics for the new folks, or as a reminder to the rest of the gang:

1. SCALE electric power only. No steam, gas, etc.

2. NO FAST ELECTRICS. If your boat cannot be operated in a safe manner among possibly 10 other ships plus submerged submarines, please leave it at home.

3. The cost of the pool rental is split among the captains. This usually works out to between $7 and $10 each. Spectators are always free.

4. Beginners are not only welcomed, but encouraged. We love nothing more than being able to mentor someone just starting out in the hobby.

5. Bring your kids / grandkids! A number of our group have kid friendly boats that they are most willing to allow the youngsters to run.

The Shrewsbury YMCA address is:

100 Constitution Ave
    Shrewsbury, PA

There is a small parking lot on the left as you enter the drive, just past the Post Office. That's the best place to park, as it's directly across the drive from the pool entrance door. Be aware that it does fill quickly, as many members of the church which uses the building park there, especially in bad weather. If that lot is full, just continue on to the main lot.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all Sunday!

Jim
    SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)
  • wlambing
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

How'd things go? Pictures? Can you tell I'm bored and in dire need of entertainment??
    Hope you and the other Captains are all well!!

Bill

Comment

• subdude
      Official Peon
      • Feb 2003

Hi Bill,

I'm ashamed to tell you that I took zero pictures, was busy running the show and running boats. I'll try to do better next time! We had a great time. There were 10 captains running boats, not counting significant others, guests, and spectators. We had 3 youngsters there running the noodle tugs. One of the kids has been several times now, and his grandfather is building a noodle tug for him so he has his own instead of using a "loaner". (btw, the young man is 6)

Hope all is well with you!

Jim Click image for larger version

Name:	noodle.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	876.0 KB
ID:	150421
      SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

Working...
      X