• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jefftytoo
    SubCommittee Member
    • Mar 2003

Printing out the SCR using MagCloud

Our V.P. has requested I post instructions on how to have printed color magazine copies of the SCR provided for you by HP MagCloud, and I feel this is a great idea! What follows therefore is instructional text lifted directly from the article covering this subject in the March issue (#88) of the SCR. Enjoy your non-electronic, portable paper versions, guys—I do!

If you’re interested, here’s how to make a printed copy happen for you]http://www.magcloud.com[/url] and create an account for yourself. Then choose to publish your SCR file by selecting the “Publish” tab and clicking on the blue “Create Publication” button.

Now enter a Product Title (SCR Issue #89?) and select “Magazine” from the Product Type dropdown menu. (It should be the default setting.)

Now it’s time to upload your actual SCR .pdf file. Click the blue “Upload a PDF Now” button and then click “Choose a PDF” in the resulting window. Locate your SCR .pdf file on your computer, then click Open. You’ll see an upload progress bar start up on your screen. Don’t close the window or your upload will be cancelled. Be patient]SCR[/i] file and the speed of your internet connection), just like it did to acquire the .pdf from the SC forum in the first place.

When your upload is complete, you will see an image of the front cover of the SCR issue you’re ordering, along with some information about the file. If everything is correct, click the “Use This PDF” button to continue.

Now click on the “Buy Copies” option, which will take you to further screens where you can select your shipping address (likely the same one already stored as your account address, right?) and arrange to pay through a fast and easy PayPal transaction. (The total cost should only be about $17 and change—a real bargain, as the article in issue #88 explains in detail.)

Here’s the screen you’ll use to create your account on the HP MagCloud website. (Click on the images below to view them larger, then arrow back to return to where you were.)

Once your account’s all set up, you can select “Publish”, then name and upload your latest SCR .pdf file.

When the upload is complete, it will appear as a front cover icon like this. Now you can click “Buy Copies” and pay through PayPal.

Next you just wait by your mailbox. Included First Class mailing and near-overnight printing means your SCR will likely show up within a week no matter where you are. For me in L.A., it was only three or four days.

By the way, the SubCommittee is looking into having the latest SCR issue already posted for you on the HP MagCloud site. This would mean you wouldn’t have to pre-upload anything, merely order your printed copy directly when available. But we’ll let you know about that.

Meanwhile, happy reading!
Working...
X